Monday, December 19, 2011

Merry Christmas, part 1

It's Monday, the week before our first Christmas in Montana... and so far, a moderately white one, PTL!  Here's something else I've noticed, that's much different than my experience lately, having grown up in Southern California:

There are many, many signs -- on local businesses, mind you -- that boldly (defiantly?) proclaim MERRY CHRISTMAS.  They're everywhere!  And what's more -- people actually say that greeting to you, as well.  I think that is very, very cool.  If you think that's cool, too, please leave a comment here, or send me an email.  It'd be nice to hear from you.  Tell me what's been most meaningful to you this Christmas.

Now, I'm headed home to enjoy another of my family's Christmas traditions -- home-made "psghetti & meat bulbs", from scratch.

Merry Christmas!

1 comment:

  1. What's meaningful is when I hear that people tell the truth about Christmas to their kids. Also, I find that people do say Merry Christmas around here but do they know the real meaning is the question....Saddleback Church, which usually has in all of their locations has about 37 worship services, had a full weekend of no services but rather spent time encouraging and setting up families to go out over the weekend and serve their immediate neighbors...
    http://saddleback.com/blogs/communityblog/your-good-neighbor-stories/
    That is meaningful to me...

    ReplyDelete