Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Is Safety an Enemy?



I checked this book out from the public library today:

 

Now, it's no surprise to anyone who has even scanned this blog, that I would want to devour a book like this.  Just the very title encapsulates a life-dream of mine... an "item on the bucket list", if you will.  However, I wonder if my de facto familiarity with conventional modern housing construction -- as well as my fear of failure at such an intimidating goal -- represent significant obstacles to my getting serious about actually building such a home?  In other words...
Is safety an enemy?
Not safety as in, "don't run with scissors"; but safety as in, "I don't want to fail in a highly-embarrassing, financially devastating way, so it's safer not to try".
When/if the opportunity presents itself (whenever that may be), will I have the guts to try, to persist?
I hope so.  Safety schmafety.

No comments:

Post a Comment