Monday, October 7, 2013

"Excuse Me."



"In the multitude of words sin is not lacking,
But he who restrains his lips is wise."
(Proverbs 10:19, NKJV)

You know, interrupting someone -- especially a peer -- in the middle of a sentence is, generally speaking, very rude.  A few days ago, listening to a gaggle of self-informed college students discuss the finer points of mobile hotspot (WiFi) connectivity, it occurred to me how often they would cut each other off with remarks like "I know, but...".  As a matter of fact, I've become irritatingly aware of how often I have been inclined to interrupt someone before they pause in their speech, even when my intentions are deemed (by me) to be noble.  So today, as though providentially reminded by the omniscient Spirit of God, I will endeavor to not interrupt anyone**.  I hope you will be challenged to do so, as well.

**(This does not include using parental authority to interrupt the occasional foolish/disrespectful talk exhibited by my children... Sorry, kids.)

No comments:

Post a Comment