Thursday, January 5, 2012

The Leap of Faith... part 1




Psalm 139
5 You hem me in, behind and before,
   and lay your hand upon me.
6 Such knowledge is too wonderful for me;
   it is high; I cannot attain it.
 7 Where shall I go from your Spirit?
   Or where shall I flee from your presence?
8 If I ascend to heaven, you are there!
   If I make my bed in Sheol, you are there!
9 If I take the wings of the morning
   and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea,
10 even there your hand shall lead me,
   and your right hand shall hold me. 


Psalm 56
10 In God, whose word I praise,
   in the LORD, whose word I praise,
11 in God I trust; I shall not be afraid.
   What can man do to me?


Joshua 1:9
"Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be frightened, and do not be dismayed, for the LORD your God is with you wherever you go.”


I have a couple of things I'd like to share with you.

I am first and foremost, a Christ-follower.  He has bought me at the cost of His own blood, and I am amazed that He would even regard me, let alone redeem me!  To God be the glory, great things He has done.

I maintain that the United States Constitution represents providential brilliance in the forming of a great nation, and that it is still the best way to govern a free republic.  Insofar as our elected officials (or the interests that steer them) deny this, we are doomed to reenact the tyranny that has plagued every other nation that has rejected man's unalienable, God-given rights to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.

Finally, I believe that my first "church" is the wife and children that the Lord has blessed me with, and consider it my great privilege and utmost responsibility to lead them well, so help me God.  Frankly, I'm replaceable in every other sphere of my existence... but to my family (especially the aforementioned), I get one shot to be the man they can respect.  I've always said that the husband/father will lead his family to heaven or to hell... but he will lead them.  I intend to never abdicate this role, so help me God.


When we moved to the heart of the "American Redoubt", five months ago, we knew it was a huge risk.  Yet, we were — and remain — convinced that it is a risk worth taking.  Back in April 2011, when my dear bride and I became prayerfully resolved that we must make this move, there were SO many questions... far more than we could answer for ourselves, let alone explain to others.  Nonetheless, we had irreversibly begun the process of "waking up" from the "American Dream", and our alarm clocks wouldn't be "snoozed".  These alarms (in no particular order) had names like:
Molotov Mitchell, James Wesley Rawles, Dr. D. James Kennedy, John Taylor Gatto, Brandon Smith, OathKeepers, JPFO... but more importantly, the Bible, and the Constitution (in that order).  We were beginning to understand that most Americans — and yes, even most church-going Christians we knew — have been lulled into a drowsy apathy by the pursuit of affluence, as well as by the debt-driven activity of our Federal Government, among many other reasons.

Nine family-enriching years of Biblical home education has given us the clarity to determine that we weren't cut out to be "sheeple".  So, we voted with our feet.  As painful as it was to say "so long" to dear family members, we left the most liberal (and populated) state in the union.  Yes, it has cost us greatly, in many ways.  Yet, the Lord has proven that the promises of His presence and provision are true.  We are warm.  We are in good health.  We eat well, and are building friendships with mature believers.  I have steady employment, and what's more, I get to explore this incredible countryside as part of my job.  Best of all, the Mrs. and I get to introduce our children to a different way of life, before they grow out from under us.  We believe it's a risk worth taking.  And we've been assured by our Creator that He will be with us and sustain us.

Thanks for taking the time to read.  I would encourage you to check out the materials linked in this post, and find your own "alarm clocks".  Tempus fugit.

2 comments:

  1. Prasing God as we learn of your trusting the Lord in all things as you pursue the path He has led you on. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to hear from you, Danny... thanks for keeping in touch.

    ReplyDelete