Friday, August 31, 2012

"DIY" (or rather, "Family Autonomy"*)

Today, I took another "baby step" toward what I will call "family autonomy"*.  I fixed a digital thermometer that was given to me by my Uncle at his garage sale:



*"Family Autonomy" refers both to the freedom we have in Christ to experience the Kingdom of God, which He is living out thorough us daily, AND the responsibility we bear to rely less and less on other "systems" to accomplish what we ought to be able to do for ourselves. You'll be seeing this term more often in these posts. It stands in contrast to terms like "self-reliance" or "self-sufficiency", which imply humanistic thought, and fall short of what we're aiming for: bearing our own burdens and helping the body of Christ to bear theirs, while relying solely on Christ for all provision and sustenance.

No comments:

Post a Comment