Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Why I'm leaving Facebook

I've been weighing the decision to leave Facebook for quite some time now.  At first, it seemed to be a great way to connect with friends and family, and to get better acquainted with people I've yet to call "friend".  Over time, however, FB gradually became a source of (unnecessary) frustration for me, such that it began to outweigh the supposed "benefits".  I've lost count of the times I've banged my head against the proverbial wall of conversation with people who don't know how to have a civil discourse (or disagreement) about subjects we may not agree on... so why would I "argue" with a "face-person" in a virtual world?  Why would I frustrate myself like that?

Basically, FB pales when compared to the joy of my real (i.e. face-to-face) relationships.  I could give lots more pithy reasons, but it's not really necessary.  I'm done.

You can reach me at riccalvi-at-gmail-dot-com (you know what I mean), or at 406-2-seven-two-2584.

Of course, I'll still be blogging here... it's just that now, I'll have more time to do so!  :-)

Comments, anyone?

1 comment:

  1. I totally get why you're leaving FB, Ric. I go through phases where I pull out of FB for weeks/months, just to make sure I'm not overly dependent on it. I want to use it to be a blessing to others, not a distraction. It's all about balance for me. So glad you'll still be blogging!

    ReplyDelete