Monday, July 11, 2011

Sunday, Sunday, Sunday!

Yesterday was my last Sunday leading worship for the foreseeable future.  But now that I think about it, all of the future is unforeseeable, right?  Who knows what I'll be doing with my time, even a month from now?  I think a little "new home vacation" might be in order.  We'll need a little "pause" to enjoy this change with our kids... in "God's Country".  :-)

All my brothers and sisters in Christ here have been so encouraging and generous these last few weeks — as usual, of course, but it seems concentrated, lately.  (It feels like I've put on at least 5 pounds from all the "farewell lunches" I've been invited to!)  Everything seems so surreal right now.  Right now I'm fighting off a headache, from lack of sleep, but I'm sure that some unexpressed emotion or stress has something to do with it.  We trust God for the outcome of all of this, but the "legwork" required is quite dizzying.  Even so, the little miracles he provides are evidence of His concern for even the smallest details.  Like this:

Today, I sent off a rental application to a property management group in Kalispell, and what should come across my desk today, but an anonymous greeting card with the exact amount of the rental application fee enclosed!  Wow!

Please pray for us as we look for the joy and excitement amidst all the busy-ness of uprooting and replanting our lives.

1 comment:

  1. Those are the signs that I pray for. Not the lightning bolts or trumpets blaring... just small coincidences that serve as guideposts to keep going.

    ReplyDelete